The National Council of Women Leaders is a national body working across India uniting women and trans-women leaders from marginalised communities such as Tribal, Dalit, Muslim and sex workers with varying qualities and capacities.
Aims of the Council:
- To create a network imbibing values of collective leadership, democratic and transparent decision making processes.
- We want right people with the right understanding and ability to accommodate each other.
- No matter what they stand for, each member will be given equal importance and respect in the network.
- To give visibility and highlight the work of grassroots women leaders and to learn from each other.
- To give a platform to the women leaders where they can have their own identities, a voice and can boldly represent want they stand for.
- To show collective solidarity amongst the women from marginalised communities.
- To collaborate and build solidarities with other marginalised women leaders in South Asia and globally.